Software Licensing Consultant
The role is to manage, deliver and develop high end Software licensing consultancy services into enterprise organisations especially in the key areas of Cloud migration, management, optimisation and software licensing.
The Licensing Consultant takes a leading role in performing a variety of software licensing and software asset management related tasks working across contractual, technical, financial, and commercial client areas.
The key responsibilities of the Licensing Consultant include:
- Proactively manage and deliver services to clients ensuring a consistently excellent level of service
- Ensure client objectives are met and that the client derives the best possible value from their software licensing arrangements
- Develop client engagement practices including, but not limited to, technical solutions, process and project management, software asset management and wider ITAM practices
- Support and advise on commercial discussions and deal preparation strategy and tactics
- Compile accurate Effective Licensing Positions and associated reporting from a variety of data sources including Effective Licensing Positions for at least 1 top tier vendor.
- Identify, document, report licence exposures, risks, and associated remediation options
- Work up and report licence optimisation angles and narratives
- Operate as part of the Synyega team, contributing to client engagement planning and delivery
- Assist clients with software renewals, ad-hoc licensing queries and other areas of Software Asset Management
- Focus on the client needs at all times and display professionalism in all client facing situations
- Maintain up to date industry knowledge of Microsoft licensing, policies and practices
Improvement & Business Development
- Support sales activities in new and existing customer accounts for example by providing Vendor subject matter expertise
- Ensure Synyega team develops and maintains key client relationships to ensure client retention and development
- Contribute to the development and on-going improvement of licensing related processes
- Ensure customer successes are logged and promoted both within the clients organisation and also logged within Synyega
- Define, maintain, improve and monitor Synyega documentation, report templates, delivery standards and working practices across the team
- Develop internal processes to ensure Synyega services are delivered to a high standard, are efficient and cost/resource effective
- Assist with the training and development of licensing support staff.
Experience & Skills
- In depth software licensing working knowledge and experience, minimum of 5 years, ideally gained from a vendor, reseller, consultancy, or end user environment.
- Consider themselves a Vendor Specialist on at least one top tier vendor; Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, SAP, etc.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of data centre and cloud computing environments.
- Team Player with individual drive and tenacity.
- Minimum 5 Years residency in UK.
- Additional MCP qualifications.
- Azure certification(s).
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Data handling and analysis experience gained from an IT Asset Management environment.
- Experience of specific IT Asset Management discovery tools (e.g., Flexera, Snow, USU, ServiceNow, RV Tools, SCCM).
- Wider software vendor licensing experience (e.g. Oracle, SAP, IBM, VMware etc.).
- Cloud FinOps data handling and analysis.
- Cloud computing data handling and analysis.
- University degree or similar/equivalent combination of studies and experience.
- You may have gained relevant experience from a variety of backgrounds and for the right person we will provide training and support to help you become successful in this role.
- English: excellent verbal and written skills are essential.
- EU languages desirable (but not essential) such as: German, Italian, French, Spanish.
- Flexible office/remote working.
- 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays).
- Enrolment into company pension scheme.
- Life Assurance provided by the company.
We will only consider applications from within the United Kingdom. Remote working is available with travel to our offices and on-site when required.
TO APPLY :
Please email your CV and a covering letter to : email@example.com