Recruiting for Microsoft Practice Lead role
One of the roles that we're currently recruiting for is the Microsoft Practice Lead - please see below for a full job description. If you would like more information or to apply, email : email@example.com
Job Title: Practice Lead [Microsoft]
The Microsoft Practice Lead role is pivotal to Synyega’s mission to deliver professional and commercially astute services to our clients.
The Practice Lead will own the definition, development and delivery of our Microsoft services. In addition, the role requires an exceptional level of commercial acumen in guiding and supporting clients through time-sensitive and financially high value scenarios.
The Synyega Microsoft Practice has a number of resources who will be managed by the Practice Lead.
The key responsibilities of the Practice Lead include:
Practice Management and Services Delivery
- Own the definition, development and delivery of all:
- Microsoft specific delivery processes across all Microsoft products, services and environments including desktop, data centre and cloud (Azure and other cloud environments running Microsoft technology)
- Microsoft specific commercial, contractual and financial advisory services
- Act as the Microsoft subject matter expert and trusted advisor on Synyega’s behalf for clients on all matters relating to their Microsoft investment and estate
- Lead, direct and support clients through commercial negotiations and deal preparation strategy and tactics, always keeping the clients’ interests first and foremost
- Proactively manage and deliver services to clients ensuring a consistently excellent level of service
- Ensure client objectives are met and that the client derives the best possible value from their software licensing arrangements
- Develop client engagement practices including, but not limited to, technical solutions, process and project management, software asset management and wider ITAM practices
- Compile accurate Effective Licensing Positions and associated reporting from a variety of data sources
- Identify, document, report licence exposures, risks, and associated remediation options
- Work up and report licence optimisation angles and narratives
- Review the work of consultants, specialists and analysts for accuracy and completeness before release to clients
- Operate as part of the Synyega team, contributing to client engagement planning and delivery
- Assist clients with software renewals, ad-hoc licensing queries and other areas of Software Asset Management
- Focus on the client needs at all times and display professionalism in all client facing situations
- Maintain up to date industry knowledge of Microsoft licensing, policies and practices
- Lead and assist with the training and development of staff.
- Exercise fantastic client communication and leadership at all times
- Possess a “do whatever it takes” approach to client success
- Identify and develop strong relationships with key players and stakeholders
- Ensure the extended Synyega team develops and maintains key client relationships to ensure client retention and development
- Ensure customer successes are logged and promoted both within clients’ organisations and also within Synyega’s.
Experience & Skills
- Team leading/management experience, minimum of 2-3 years
- In depth Microsoft software licensing working knowledge and experience, minimum of 9-10 years, ideally gained from within Microsoft or a vendor, reseller, consultancy, or end user environment
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of data centre and cloud computing environments
- Experience of Microsoft tooling/data management and wider ITAM toolsets
- Team Player with individual drive and tenacity
- Wider software vendor licensing experience (e.g. Oracle, SAP, IBM, VMware etc.)
- Cloud FinOps data handling and analysis
- Cloud computing data handling and analysis
- University degree or similar/equivalent combination of studies and experience
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) and Azure accreditations
- English: excellent verbal and written skills are essential
- EU languages desirable (but not essential) such as: German, Italian, French, Spanish
- Flexible office/remote working
- 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays)
- Enrolment into company pension scheme
- Life Assurance provided by the company
We will consider applications from within the United Kingdom. Remote working is available with travel to our offices and on-site when required.
To apply for the role please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment closes 30th November.